Tub-O'Butter Tub-O'Butter

Decent, but repetitive

The lead riff is pretty good, and the drums definitely shine. The whole thing is catchy. My advice for your next song is as follows: tone down the bass in the final mix and turn down the distortion on the lead guitar so it can maintain more dynamics. Also, if you don't have vocals to keep the song structure fresh, you need more leads and more dramatic changes in melody to keep things interesting. I've written a lot of songs that had that problem. Aside from that, good job. Be happy with it, and if you've got a minute, a review/rate on my "For the Last Time!" would be super appreciated.

From Inside From Inside

Very, very professional

The sound quality here is really, really good! The musicians are all talented, the recording is well done, and the mix sounds great on my headphones. It's a more serious song than I get into, which isn't a bad thing necessarily. I can tell it sounds exactly like it was intended to sound, for which, as a self-produced musician, I give you mad props.

Satoris responds:

Thanks so much for the review, it means a lot. I can only hope we'll be able to put NG reviews like this on our promo package for press! lol thanks again!

Tear it up! Tear it up!

Pretty good!

I like it. It sounds very, very clean, and it has a good mix of funk and rock guitars. The intro riff is good the first four or five times it loops; the repetition, though, makes it sound like stock. The drums also sound like stock at a few places, but I could be totally wrong, and it sounds good regardless.

Overall, this is a great one for ambiance (and perhaps, thus, Flash artists), but I don't think I could listen to it again as a "main course" if you know what I mean. More variation would be good and might make it hold my attention better. My earlier songs were guilty of sounding loopy, too, because I had planned to add vocals, so don't feel too bad about that.

Drokou responds:

Thanks a lot man.

Wicked Game (N) Wicked Game (N)

Nothing personal...

...but covers like this annoy me. Especially covers that, rather than take an existing song and stylistically refurbish it, either come as close as possible to the original or simplify it. If I'm mistaken and this isn't a cover, then perhaps you've unintentionally borrowed the chords from someone. It's okay, Beethoven and Mozart already wrote everything anyway.

You get decent scores for clarity and effort because your guitars sound very, very good in terms of tonality and I didn't hear any glaring mistakes. The delay on the vocals makes them sound spacey and lack presence; trying ditching or at least tightening the delay and pumping up the equalization around 1 kHz.

Naitzmic responds:

Hey, that's cool.
You have every right to feel that way about covers. Newgrounds is just a place for me to play around anyway, so I don't take it very hard.

If you compare it to the original
though, you'll find that I have alot more guitar work in my version, so that's one thing I changed.

You're probably right about the vocals, but I just don't care much about those, as is. The delay is there just to cover up (or try to do so) my crap singing voice.

On a final note, I wanna thank you so much for your review. It was very constructive, and honest.
Appreciate it tons.